On Thu, 26 Oct 2023, Paul Rubin wrote:

Create a new document, select the document class you want as default, and
make any other customizations that you want applied to new documents
(fonts, paper size, whatever). Then go to Document > Settings... >
Document Class and click "Save as Document Defaults".

Paul,

Sigh. Yes, I did that yesterday with a new document. The default when the
new doc opened was KOMA-Script Book. I changed it to KOMA-Script Report and
clicked the link, "Save as Document Class." (Aside, it kept shifting back to
Book and I kept changing that to Report.)

Now, starting a new doc the default class is "KOMA-Script Book" which is why
I thought there might be another place that actually set the default class I
want.

Thanks,

Rich