I need to create labels/references to multiple tables in my LyX document. There
is nothing in the various Table menu items for this. The Insert > Label and
Insert > Cross-Reference… menu items do not appear to function in that for
example if I set the name of the label to tab:Electoral Roll Extract and then
pick that name of the list when inserting the cross reference neither appears
in the final document. The label does not appear with the table and the
reference does not appear at the point of reference either.

How do I setup labels for each of my tables and then reference them in the text
of my document?

Version information etc.

LyX 2.3.7
macOS Sonoma 14.1 on a Mac mini M1
TeXlive 2023
Python 3.11.5

Document class Tufte Handout
Local layout “Include ../citeengines/basic.citeengine”(because I am using
bibtex)
Also using pdflscape (updated from TeXlive an hour ago) as the tables are very
wide

Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!