Da: lyx-users <lyx-users-boun...@lists.lyx.org> Per conto di Richard Kimberly
Heck
Inviato: lunedì 15 gennaio 2024 21:40
A: lyx-users <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>; LyX Developers <lyx-de...@lists.lyx.org>
Oggetto: LyX 2.4.0, Release Candidate 1

The LyX team is happy (and relieved) to announce the publication of the first
'release candidate' for the long awaited 2.4.0. You can find tarballs and
binaries for Windows and OSX here:

     http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/lyx-2.4/

Strictly speaking, we are releasing RC1 for testing purposes only.
Please report any bugs you may find to the user list or the developer list, as
you prefer.

That said, many of us have been using the development branch for production
work, and we believe it is pretty stable. Remember, however, that files saved
with 2.4 cannot be opened in LyX 2.3.x unless you first export them to that
format.

Riki