On 3/15/24 16:14, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2024, Rich Shepard wrote:

Apparently so. Careful re-entering the ERT allowed the doc to compile.

I was wrong. I cannot get an simple equation to compile via the menus or
ERT.

I copied the real doc.lyx to mwe.lyx and deleted everything above and below the paragraph with the equation. That non-printable character shows up even
with a minimal entry in the ERT, regardless of whether the backslash is
entered.

I'm totally lost and need advice on what might cause this issue.

mwe.lyx attached.

Rich

In your latest MWE, the backslash before x causes an unrelated compilation error, because \x is not a known function.

As for the mystery non-printing character between the ERT box and the following comma, I cannot reproduce that. When you insert the ERT box, do you type ctrl-L? Assuming so, after filling in the equation in the box do you just cursor out of the box and type the comma?

Paul