On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 08:10:15PM +0200, Tobias Hilbricht wrote:
> thank you for asking. When just using .gp filename directly as graphics
> inset the fonts in the plot are not the same as document fonts. E. g.
> in default settings you have CM fonts in the document and Helvetica in
> the gnuplot. Furthermore, direct graphic insets do not render LaTeX
> math in a gnuplot.
> With gnuplots as external material (gnuplot.xtemplate) something
> similar to the inkscape.xtemplate and the xfig.xtemplate happens:
> Labels and numbers appear in the document font, which looks way better
> and is less confusing than having different fonts in the plot. And
> LaTeX math input is rendered.
> I have attached a PDF showing the difference and a sample another-
> gnuplot-example.gp which contains LaTeX math.

Ok, I see. I think it would be good to put this explanation in the
wiki.

Apart from that, I could upload your scripts into wiki upload section
if you want to just link them. And we could also mention in in our
manuals if you send me the pach :) Up to you.

I could even see something like that landing as part of lyx 2.5,
if there is demand (or/and some active dev who would review/use
this stuff).

Pavel