Hi,

I'm using LyX for university and I'm trying to write a document in Hebrew
but I had to switch to using babel and LuaLaTeX due to some annoying
packages like so:
1. Document Settings > Language > Language package > none
2. Latex preamble:

\usepackage[bidi=basic, layout=tabular, provide=*]{babel}

\babelprovide[main, import]{hebrew}

\babelprovide{rl}

3. File > Export > PDF (LuaTeX)

Once I try to export, I "undefined control sequence" on the following
commands: \beginL, \endL, \beginR, \endR, \R, \L

It seems like LyX adds these around numbers and words in english.

To mitigate this issue I tried to change the document language to English
under Document settings > language and also ctrl+a > right click > language
> english which then compiles successfully and looks correct thanks to
babel.

But when I do that, the text in LyX is backwards and I can't work like
that, so I have to switch the language to english every time I want to
export then switch back to hebrew when I want to edit my document.

Another problem is that when I switch to english LyX swaps the parenthesis
so they are swapped in the final PDF.

It's not a very fun way to use LyX.

Is there a way to tell LyX to not insert those commands? Or somehow
disassociate the document display language from the compile language? (And
set the compile to english and display to hebrew).

Thanks.