On 5/18/2024 8:22 PM, William R. Buckley wrote:
Installation goes so well that I received this message:

Requested package unknown miktex-config-2.9

What OS? Windows?

LyX does not install anything to do with MikTeX. It may be that configuration is triggering some kind of behavior in MikTeX. We've seen odd behavior from MikTeX before, which is why we stopped bundling it with LyX.

Also, originally, the URL was ftp://ftp...

When Firefox got that URL, Firefox then asked me to find an FTP app.

Which URL was originally an ftp link? The links below all work for me. I've tested all the links on the download page, as well.

Riki

PS Sarcasm is neither welcome nor required.

On Sat, May 18, 2024 at 12:06 PM Richard Kimberly Heck <rikih...@gmail.com> wrote:

    On 5/18/24 14:22, Edwin Burmeister wrote:
    > The URL for downloading LyX 2.3.8 only gives me LyX 2.3.7.

    There's a delay updating the website. Look here:

    http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/bin/2.3.8/

    for binaries, or here:

    http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/stable/2.3.x/

    for source.