Gerhard Schuck wrote:

> > You should also check whether you have a correct binding file in set
> > in preference.
> >
> After installing fix-2 I found cua.bind in preference, which was surprising
> for me because I always had used the german bindings before, which were
> selected by default (as far as I remember). So I changed to
> /usr/share/lyx/bind/de_menus.bind, which should be correct. Anyway the
> marking problem comes with both bindings.

Maybe that's not the problem, but I think you shouldn't select
"de_menus.bind" in the lyx preferences, because it's only the menu part
of the bindings. You would better use "cua.bind". Lyx should then
include "de_menus.bind" according to your locale. If it doesn't, copy
the "cua.bind" (from the /usr/share/lyx/bind/ directory) to your
"~/.lyx/bind/", and then edit it to replace, at the end of the file, the
line:

\bind_file menus.bind

by this one:

\bind_file de_menus.bind

Maybe you will need to copy "de_menus.bind" and "math.bind" too, but I'm
not sure. I think having your own bind files is a good thing, so you can
add shortcuts for your favorite commands. And don't forget to restart
lyx after you change the binding preferences, or after you edit a bind
file.

Thomas.