Hi,

I'd like to add a "LyX" item to my View menu (I'm using 1.1.6fix2),
which would launch a text viewer/editor on a temporary copy of the
current opened lyx document. Ok, that wouldn't be a major feature...
It's just because I'm sometimes curious, but also easily bored with
saving files, launching programs, and opening files again..., each time
I'm wondering something about the lyx format.
I've managed to do it for Latex, just adding "gvim" in the
Preference->Converters->Format->LaTeX->Viewer, but it doesn't seems to
work with LyX.  What exactly does the "ViewFormats" item in the ui file
refer to?
I also tried to do my stuff creating a new file format, namely LyxCopy,
with "cat" as an export converter (yes, there's a long story between
cats and me, but I think I've already written you about that;), which
would have gvim as a viewer. But it doesn't appear neither in the View
menu, nor in the Export one. So a second question is: what exactly can
Converters do? Are they only used as import features?

Thanks for your lights,

--
Thomas.