>>Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:06:37 -0700 (PDT)
>>From: Michelle Dukich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Harvard Styles (packages problems)
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

>>Greetings all:
>>
>>I put harvard.sty in the dir below:
>>
>>/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base
>>
>>which is where article.sty and other packages seem to
>>live, but Lyx gives me the error:
>>
>>Harvard.sty not found

Should be harvard.sty, not Harvard.sty
You must run texhash to update the hashtable used to find files
quickly.

>>when I put \usepackage{harvard} in the Latex Preamble.
>>
>>What is up?
>>
>>Also, where are the bst files supposed to live?
>>

>>Thanks.

In the adequate directory, which I never use.
I always put imported stuff in a local directory, e.g.
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/local
whatever the nature of the files, to be able to export
it easily in another installation.
Might need an update of the texmf.cnf file to tell how to find
bst file, I don't remember.

--
Jean-Pierre