[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I want to use a database for the bibliography. What do you recommend to me?
>
> Edit by hand
> tkbibtex
> pybliographer (It's practical?)
>
> Of course, later I want an easy citation in Lyx
>
> Thanks for all

I only tried tkbibtex, and it works fine with LyX. Things I appreciate
are:
- easy to install (just a tcl/tk script)
- a few command line option to sort, extract... entries of the bib file
- the popup menu for an easy insert of your strings (which have to be
defined in an hand made separate file)
- about five minutes needed to learn how to use the all features

The only problem I've saw is that existing bibfiles have to respect a
few constraints to be readable by the prog (one line/field...)

Thomas.