    Jean-Marc> If there is an incompatibility bteween newlfm and
    Jean-Marc> babel, this is probably a bug. What is the error
    Jean-Marc> message? Do you have the latest versions of newlfm and
    Jean-Marc> babel?

The babel I have is the one that comes with the tetex 1.0.6
distribution - 3.6.

I do have the latest newlfm, but haven't installed it yet as I wanted
to try to resolve this problem first. Looking at the changelog for
the latest newlfm, it looks like I make have to make changes to my
layout files, and I don't want to change too many things in one go !

Pete