On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Horst Jurkat wrote:

> i am working under Suse 7.2 with the newest version of lyx but I have
> not found a way to put in the new euro symbol in my documents; in other
> applications - for example in the shell or under abiword - the symbol
> appears with the key "Alt-Gr-E"; the settings under KDE 2 are made.

I have copied from list-archive:

- download all metafont of from directory eurosym (*.mf)
  and save at /usr/share/texmf/metafont/eurosym/ (my latex directory)

ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/fonts/eurosym/

- download tfm then I saved at ../texmf/fonts/tfm/eurosym/
- download package (eurosym.sty) and I saved at direcory
  ../texmf/tex/latex/eurosym/

- running texhash

In lyx...
- latex preamble: