On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:07:03PM -0700, Mario Parra wrote:
> Here is the problem. My advisor doesn't want to use Lyx. He is
> used to latex and will not switch. I love Lyx, Been using it
> for a couple of years and I think it is the best. So I so all
> my work using Lyx and then I export it to latex, send it over
> to my advisor. He then makes changes, deletes stuff, ...  and
> sends the latex back to me. Then I have to reimport the latex
> back into lyx so I can keep working. This happens very often,
> so having some long procedure for reimporting latex into lyx is
> just not an option. The thesis has lots of pictures that get
> screwed up when reimporting, so I would have to spend half an
> hour going through the lyx document fixing them. Cut and
> pasting would require the same amount of effort.

Then why not do make diff on the two LaTeX files and make changes
into LyX by hand?

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

...every Man has a Property in his own Person. This no Body has
any Right to but himself. The Labour of his Body, and the Work
of his Hands, we may say, are properly his. .... The great and
chief end therefore, of Mens uniting into Commonwealths, and
putting themselves under Government, is the Preservation of their
Property.
        -- John Locke, "A Treatise Concerning Civil Government"