On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Ian Truelsen wrote:
> > I am working my way through the tutorial for LyX (1.1.6.4 for Linux) and I
> > am getting some odd output with the Section environment.
> >
> Sorry about that. I didn't notice the asterisk after the Section selection I
> was using. Apparently that one does not number.
>
> Ian (being an idiot).

Actually, not an idiot - just a victim of a "LaTeXism". The LaTeX gurus
among us know that starred versions of LaTeX commands do interesting and
powerful things; someone new to LyX (with no LaTeX background) will have
no clue what the difference between Section and Section* is.

Devvies - what about the possibility of changing "Section*" to "Unnumbered
Section", etc.? Granted you might have to make the menu panel wider ...

Mike

--
Mike Ressler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]