Matt> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Dekel Tsur wrote:

>> On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:50:45AM -0700, Matt Brennan wrote:
>> >
>> > Folks,
>> >
>> > In v. 1.1 I was able to melt all the floats to make the images
>> disappear. > This is nice option when you don't want to wait for
>> all the images to > render or just want to focus on text. I can't
>> seem to find a similar menu > option in v. 1.2. Has anybody else?
>>
>> This feature was removed.

Matt> Unfortunate, particularly since the time to load images has
Matt> increased since previous version. Or perhaps at 450 MHz my
Matt> computer is just getting left behind...

It is indeed unfortunate. Feel free to add a bug in bugzilla.lyx.org
so that it does not get forgotten. Note that what you describe is
'close all flaots'. 'melt all floats' used to delete the float and
leave its content in the main document. This is probably not what you
need.

JMarc