Ronald> Is this a bug? With Lyx-1.2.0 I tried Insert->Ascii-Paragraphs
Ronald> and found that all of the upper-case letters at the start of
Ronald> sentences or in proper names in the ascii had been changed to
Ronald> lower case when the material was inserted.

Could you give a precise recipe? I just fixed in 1.2.1cvs a rather
grave bug where the case changing commands (word-upcase, etc), when
used on the last word of a paragraph, operate on the whole document,
without showing it, and without possible undo :(

Can this be what you experienced?

JMarc