I recently posted a problem I had with search (suchen) in Version 1.2:

I guess that in this version searching should now work also in cases such as
\caption[short caption]{long caption}. However, this takes a lot of time (in
my case at least 15 minutes, about 500 pages and 230 figures), because in
searching each
 \caption[
]{
}
is shown separately after displaying an ERT grey box.
It also does not seem to be successful in finding the item (a figure number I
had inserted in the long caption).
I can't stop the searching except by killing the lyx process.

On the terminal from which I started lyx& I get messages like
Received unhandled X11 event
Type: 0x1e Target: 0x3802d49
Does it mean  something is missing in my SuSE8.0 Linux?

This problem prevents me from using the searching facility. Note that this
applies for forward and backward searching.

A minor problem: When I go back to the old 1.6 version which I used to write
the book and which did not have this problem, the lyx file is not accepted
anymore.

Would appreciate help, since I would like to use the new version.

Wolfgang