In the past my bibtex worked and worked very well but now its not. It just puts a ? where the reference should go. I must have done some thing to it but I cant think what. When I export the dvi it says in the debug window.
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.3.1)
The top-level auxiliary file: newfile2.aux
I couldn't open style file unsrt.bst
---line 3 of file newfile2.aux
: \bibstyle{unsrt
: }
I'm skipping whatever remains of this command
I found no style file---while reading file newfile2.aux
(There were 2 error messages)
latex can see the file unsrt.bst because the file /usr/share/texmf/ls-R it lists it
./bibtex/bst/base:
abbrv.bst
alpha.bst
apalike.bst
ieeetr.bst
plain.bst
siam.bst
unsrt.bst

I have attached my lyx and bibtex files so you can check I haven't stufed up there
I have reconfigured and texhashed and still it does not work
none of the bst files work.
has anyone got anyidear why it is not working anymore? its probably someting very simple.

cheers
owen
@Book{why_will_this_not_work,
  author =       {me},
  editor =       {you},
  title =        {why will this not work},
  publisher =    {me},
  year =         {2002}
}

#LyX 1.2 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 220
\textclass book
\begin_preamble
%%% Bibtex refferences
\usepackage [sort&compress,numbers,square] {natbib} %unsrt
\end_preamble
\language british
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme times
\graphics default
\float_placement h
\paperfontsize 12
\spacing onehalf
\papersize a4paper
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 1
\use_amsmath 0
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\leftmargin 2.5cm
\topmargin 1.5cm
\rightmargin 2.5cm
\bottommargin 1.5cm
\secnumdepth 3
\tocdepth 3
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default

\layout Standard

fdjkhsdflkgkdlflgkf
\begin_inset LatexCommand \cite{why_will_this_not_work}

\end_inset

\layout Standard

unsr
\begin_inset LatexCommand \BibTeX[plain]{test}

\end_inset

\the_end