> >I'm having trouble installing Lyx 1.2.3
> >
> >When I do ./configure it fails to find libforms of xforms.
> >
> >I have tried the xforms rpms from the contrib section of the ftp site
> > versions 0.88 and 0.89 and libforms version 1RC5 all with no luck. At the
> > moment I have libforms installed and it's in /usr/lib.
> >
> >I have tried to run ./configure --with-extra-lib=/usr/X11R6/lib/
> >
> >but I still get the error message:
> >
> >    **** The following problems have been detected by configure.
> >    **** Please check the messages below before running 'make'.
> >    **** (see the section 'Problems' in the INSTALL file)
> >
> >    ** Cannot find libforms or libxforms. Please check that the xforms
> > library is correctly installed on your system.
>
> I used xforms from http://world.std.com/~xforms/ . You find the current
> version 1.0 for linux i386 under
> ftp://ncmir.ucsd.edu/pub/xforms/linux-i386 . Look that no old version is
> installed and try to install the new version (read installation
> instructions). Afterwards do a "make clean" and a new "./configure" for
> Lyx 1.2.3. This helped me, when I got the same error message (using Suse
> 8.0).

hmmm got the latest xforms release and installed it, also the xmlib. But now
 I can compile and make Lyx, but when I try to run it I get this....
------->
/usr/local/bin/lyx: error while loading shared libraries: libforms.so.1:
<-------

libforms.so.1 is in /usr/local/lib/. What is the shared object file that it
can't find?

This has got me stumped. I installed Lyx 1.2.2. on an identical system before
using xforms .89 I think without any problems.

Cheers Chris