Oscar López wrote:
> I meant that in order to produce a more automatic solution. The
> problem is I produce metapost files from several applications,
> mainly xfig, gnuplot, and metagraf. Most of the times it is not

Why do you go through MetaPost then? Both xfig and gnuplot can
produce excellent EPS files. As for lambda and similar things,
there are some drivers based on LaTeX picture environment.

And yes, your solution (with prologues:=1; on command line)
should work too.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl,
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

There's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture that
allows you to install Windows.
    -- Matthew D. Fuller