Kari Ruohonen wrote:
> Hi - I'd like to develop my own letter layout and took a look
> at komascript letter class in lyx. However, I am totally stuck
> and the documentation in the Extended Lyx Features does not
> seem to be of much help. I don't simply understand how to build
> the document. Can somebody send me an example lyx file to use
> as a starting point?
>
> I tried to define "letter" environment etc. but all I got when
> latexing the file are errors like "missing \begin{document}".
> According to the documentation "letter" environment implicitly
> defines a new letter. What am I missing here?

Unfortunately, letter class is probably the most complicated
standard class you can find. However, if you want to dwelve into
that get some LaTeX info and for making LyX layout I would begin
with stanadard LaTeX letter class (not Koma-Script) -- it is much
more simple.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl,
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

I know of no country in which there is so little independence of
mind and real freedom of discussion as in America.
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville