Steven Homolya wrote:
> Issue is: Fonts are ugly and hard to read in exported pdf.
>
> One reply was to see (lyx 1.1.6fix4)  Help -> Extended Features:
> Section 3.3.6.2, i.e., put \usepackage{ae,aecompl} in preamble.
>
> Then someone said that selecting ae fonts (Layout -> Document) should be
> all that's needed. No preamble changes.
>
> I replied that this works. It seems I was incorrect.
>
> The only way I can get good looking fonts (and searchable text) in pdf is
> by putting \usepackage{ae,aecompl} in the preamble. Note that aecompl is
> needed, ae alone will not do it.
>
> Am I missing something here?

Hi, folks,

I have to confirm bug in LyX 1.3.0pre2 (Qt-version, but I do not
think it matters). When an attached file is exported to LaTeX
this is the result:

   %% LyX 1.3 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
   %% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
   \documentclass[czech]{scrartcl}
   \usepackage{ae}
   \usepackage{aecompl}
   \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
   \usepackage[latin2]{inputenc}

   \makeatletter
   \usepackage{babel}
   \makeatother
   \begin{document}
      Žluťoučký kůň úpěl ďábelské ódy.
   \end{document}

Which is incorrect (ae and aecompl are expecting to be already in
T1 mode -- font/inputenc should precede ae,aecompl). The
resulting PS/PDF files have really Type3 fonts.

   Should I file a bug?

      Matej

--
Matej Cepl,
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

We are told that [St. Anthony] once fell into dejection, finding
uninterrupted contemplation above his strength; but was taught to
apply himself at intervals to manual labour by a vision of an
angel who appeared platting mats of palm-tree leaves, then rising
to pray, and after some time sitting down again to work; and who
at length said to him, "Do thus, and thou shalt be saved."
    -- Life of St. Anthony