Raphael Clifford wrote:
> Just FYI mandrake started removing all headers etc. from it's
> standard packages and putting them in -devel.  It's very
> annoying ...

However IMHO it is The Right Thing(TM) -- just users who do not
want to compile everything in the world should not be bothered
with .h files unless they willingly ask for them. If it is any
consolation to you, then all others (with Debian, RedHat, and
SuSe I am sure) did the step many versions ago.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl,
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

See, when the GOVERNMENT spends money, it creates jobs; whereas
when the money is left in the hands of TAXPAYERS, God only knows
what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to
avoid creating jobs.
    -- Dave Barry