Rob S wrote:
> Lyx has opened my eyes to a world outside windows.  I'm in the
> process of change.

If you do not need to install XFree86/Cygwin for other reasons,
than you do not have to do it just because of LyX:

   http://www.home.zonnet.nl/rareitsma/lyx/

You probably have to download original tarball of LyX as well
(the above mentioned package does not contain documentation), but
it seems to be able to work without Cygwin beast.

I am not on Windows, but I believe that with help of people on
this list you should be able to make it working.

   Best,

      Matej

--
Matej Cepl,
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

If Patrick Henry thought that taxation without representation was
bad, he should see how bad it is with representation.