Paul Medwell wrote:
> I would like the equation numbers to appear in brackets in the text when
> I reference them. How can this be done?

Try to redefine [EMAIL PROTECTED] macro from
$TEXMF/tex/latex/base/latex.ltx in the preamble of your document.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl,
Finger: 89EF 4BC6 288A BF43 1BAB  25C3 E09F EF25 D964 84AC

My point was simply that such tax proposals [for Pigovian taxes
compensating for the transaction costs] are the stuff that dreams
are made of. In my youth it was said, that what was too silly to
be said may be sung. In modern economics it may be put into
mathematics.
    -- Ronald Coase
       Notes on the Problem of Social Cost