Praedor Atrebates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > LyX is a wonderful tool, and TeX does wonderful typesetting for
> > technical publications and technical publishers that accept
> > camera-ready copy, or perhaps for self-published material.  Until trade
> > publishers catch on to the economy and quality of having authors
> > typeset the material into camera-ready copy, LyX is actually a handicap
> > for authors writing trade books.  That said, I'm working on yet another
> > book with LyX!
>
> How then do you get around the problems you list?  Do you end up submitting
> ascii to them afterall, thus giving up the formatting/typesetting advantages
> of using Lyx/latex?

Alas, I end up submitting manuscripts either in hardcopy or in PDF so
they can see what it looks like, and in ascii for their publishing
process.  Trade publishers always reset whatever an author submits, so
the formatting is lost in any case.
--

Ronald Florence                         www.18james.com