Is this just the standard problem every one has with PDF's first off?
For me I did this to get good pdf fonts

in lyx under documents
set font to roman
set encoding to standard

change the file
usr/share/texmf/dvips/config (as
a root) and change in file updmap lines from

type1_default=false
#type1_default=true
#type1_default=false
type1_default=true
and run ./updmap.

and put
\usepackage{ae,aecompl}
in the preamble

and you fonts should look cool

Jan Van Belle wrote:
Andre Poenitz wrote:

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 07:56:30AM +0200, Jan Van Belle wrote:

     Can someone give me some hints on how to improve the PDF
output produced by LaTeX/LyX ??

As long as you don't even give a hint which method you use to produce PDF and why all of the methods Google suggests when asked for 'PDF LaTeX quality' failed I doubt you will get much help.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or both...)

OK, I supposed everyone has the same methods ;-)

--> export as PDF
--> export as PDF (pdflatex)
--> export as PDF (dvipdfm)

I already tried with exporting as PS and then convert it
under GSview to PDF, but it has the same (miserable) effect.

I suspect the dvipdfm method produces the best output.
However, I'm not quite sure

Jan