On 2003-06-20, 14:07 GMT, Alexandru Cabuz wrote:
> The idea is that if I have a mydoc.lyx file in a directory and I also
> have a mydoc.tex or mydoc.txt or whatever other importable format,
> when I do import mydoc.tex, my mydoc.lyx gets wiped out automatically.
> Now if the import is mangled up or of there is any other problem
> I just lost my lyx file. What I was going to request is that lyx
> imports it but does not actually overwrite the mydoc.lyx until
> I actually hit save, or maybe perhaps lets me know, "Hey, dude, I'm
> just about to overwrite a file, are you cool with that?"

I can totally understand your wish, but unfortunately it could be quite
complicated to do that -- LyX actually doesn't do any importing, but
just runs reLyX which makes the actuall conversion (with very mixed
results, I have to say, but that's another issue).

Well, it may be possible to create ~/newfile1.lyx and to tell LyX, that
it is unsaved file, don't it?

   Matej

--
Matej Cepl,