Hi,

I just recently started having a problem generating an index using LyX. This was working just fine at one point, however now it refuses to produce an index.

I was using LyX 1.1.6fix3. Once the problem started occuring I decided to finally upgrade to the latest version, 1.3.2 which didn't resolve my problem.

After exporting the LyX document to Tex I checked through to make sure the necessary parameters were in the file and indeed '\makeindex' was there, the typical index entry looked like 'text\index{item1} text' and found at the end of my document was my index '\printindex{}'.

I then ran makeindex by hand using the flags '-p -s', which I read is what LyX uses by default and got the following results:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] IPS-1.5]$ makeindex -p -s IPS-1.5.tex
This is makeindex, version 2.13 [07-Mar-1997] (using kpathsea).
Scanning input file IPS-1.5.tex...done (0 entries accepted, 11062 rejected).
Nothing written in IPS-1.5.ind.
Transcript written in IPS-1.5.ilg.

I have makeindex installed on a RH 7.2 system from the tetex package (tetex-1.0.7-38.3).

The only changes I can think of that may have recently changed was possibly an updated tetex package, which may have included an update makeindex. However I am uncertain of this.

Thanks,
        -Nick