Hi everyone,

I am having problems with graphics output in Lyx 1.3.2 on Redhat 9 with
the QT frontend. I have been working on numerous documents with no
problems at all. When my document was complete I inserted numerous
'figures' ie graphics into the document.

As suggested I created a figure float and inserted my image into the
float. The images display perfectly within LyX however when I attempt
any form of output my figure is completely ignored.

In an attempt to cover all bases, I ran

lyx -dbg graphics

and I was presented with:

Setting debug level to graphics
Debugging `graphics' (Graphics conversion and loading)
Recognised Fileformat: ppm
[GrahicsCacheItem::convertToDisplayFormat]
        Attempting to convert image file:
/usr/share/lyx/images/banner.ppm
        with displayed filename: /usr/share/lyx/images/banner.ppm
Recognised Fileformat: ppm

        The file contains ppm format data.

The image loader can load the following directly:
BMP
GIF
JPEG
MNG
PBM
PGM
PNG
PPM
XBM
XPM

Of these, LyX recognises the following formats:
bmp, gif, jpg, pbm, pgm, png, ppm, xbm, xpm

        No conversion needed (from == to)!
just Loaded.
pixmap isNull 0 xformed_pixmap_ isNull 0
Image loading succeeded.
GraphicsImage::getScaledDImensions()
        params.scale       : 100
        width              : 425
        height             : 290
pixmap isNull 0 xformed_pixmap_ isNull 0
setPixmap()

which would appear to be correct, ie I have all filter support. When I
attempt to export->PDF(latex) I receive the following output:

The font scaling factor is 125.55
insetgraphics::latex: Filename =
/home/danny/Documents/nID/DigiQLite/Chart1.xpm
        Message = ""
        Opts =
        Before = \includegraphics
        after =
[InsetGraphics::prepareFile] orig_file =
/home/danny/Documents/nID/DigiQLite/Chart1.xpm
        with path: /home/danny/Documents/nID/DigiQLite/Chart1.xpm
Recognised Fileformat: xpm
Recognised Fileformat: xpm
findTargetFormat: PDF mode
         we have: from xpm to png
        the orig file is: /home/danny/Documents/nID/DigiQLite/Chart1.xpm
        changed to:
/tmp/lyx_tmpdir30499s4SURP/lyx_tmpbuf0/_home_danny_Documents_nID_DigiQLite_Chart1.xpm
        copying from /home/danny/Documents/nID/DigiQLite/Chart1.xpm to
/tmp/lyx_tmpdir30499s4SURP/lyx_tmpbuf0/_home_danny_Documents_nID_DigiQLite_Chart1.xpm
succeeded
        The original file is
/home/danny/Documents/nID/DigiQLite/Chart1.xpm
        A copy has been made and convert is to be called with:
        file to convert =
/tmp/lyx_tmpdir30499s4SURP/lyx_tmpbuf0/_home_danny_Documents_nID_DigiQLite_Chart1.xpm
        outfile_base =
/tmp/lyx_tmpdir30499s4SURP/lyx_tmpbuf0/_home_danny_Documents_nID_DigiQLite_Chart1
         from xpm to png
No converter defined! I use convertDefault.sh:
        /usr/share/lyx/scripts/convertDefault.sh
xpm:/tmp/lyx_tmpdir30499s4SURP/lyx_tmpbuf0/_home_danny_Documents_nID_DigiQLite_Chart1.xpm

png:/tmp/lyx_tmpdir30499s4SURP/lyx_tmpbuf0/_home_danny_Documents_nID_DigiQLite_Chart1.png
Recognised Fileformat: xpm
[GrahicsCacheItem::convertToDisplayFormat]
        Attempting to convert image file:
/home/danny/Documents/nID/DigiQLite/Chart1.xpm
        with displayed filename: ~/Documents/nID/DigiQLite/Chart1.xpm
Recognised Fileformat: xpm

        The file contains xpm format data.
        No conversion needed (from == to)!
just Loaded.
pixmap isNull 0 xformed_pixmap_ isNull 0
Image loading succeeded.
GraphicsImage::getScaledDImensions()
        params.scale       : 100
        width              : 769
        height             : 568
pixmap isNull 0 xformed_pixmap_ isNull 0
setPixmap()
Recognised Fileformat: xpm
Recognised Fileformat: xpm
[readBB_from_PSFile] no(e)ps-format

The resulting output is excellent except for the missing image. The
current output is based on an XPM version, however I have the same
results with PNG and EPS.

Any help with my issue would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
--
Dan Nedelko, BSc. CS/Math
Lead Systems Developer