Angus Leeming wrote:

Kent Kostuk wrote:

First, I checked textclass.lst:  it's there and non-zero.

Second, I replace sed.

Third, I type configure at the c:\lyx32\share\lyx> DOS prompt and get: a
lot of text and then "configure: error: cannot find chkconfig.ltx script"

I would type "sh configure" if you are running from a DOS prompt as opposed to a unix shell. Otherwise, Windows is likely to try and execute configure as a batch file. Which it isn't... Or it may be executing 'configure.cmd', which is ancient, unmaintained historical cruft...

Ruurd ships a DOS batch file named configure.bat (in share\lyx) that should work if run from a DOS prompt *in that directory*. The path in the batch file to the bin directory is hardcoded as a relative path (go back two levels from where you started, then over to bin), so I don't think it will work if the current directory is anything other than share\lyx. That said, I cast my vote for "sh configure".

-- Paul