On Jan 27, 2005, at 1:37 AM, James Bennett wrote:

Another beginner's question:
I just updated to LyX 1.3.5 and for some reason it doesn't automatically
start the DVI viewer I was using (MacDviX) even after I asked LyX to
reconfigure. What am I doing wrong?

Two possibilities immediately come to mind.

1. LyX > Preferences > File Formats > DVI should have the "Viewer" field set to "open". (If not, change it, click on the "Modify" button and then the "Save" button.) This will have LyX send .dvi files to the default viewer.

2. In the Finder, your default application for .dvi files should be MacDviX. To check this, find (or create) a .dvi file (from LyX's File > Export > DVI, for example), select that file in the Finder, and select the File > Get Info menu option. There, the "Open with" selection should be MacDviX (or whatever other .dvi viewer you want).

Bennett

Bennett W. Helm, Chair
Department of Philosophy
Franklin & Marshall College