On 02/02/2005 05:15:11 PM, samar j. singh wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would  like to join the applause for the lyx team. Although Lyx was
> not
> around when I  did mine, I use it  very extensively for writing
> proposals
> and just about everything else. I had years of latex and miktex
> before
> my
> linux days.There is a world of difference when  you have to do
> bibliographies and an index apart from all the other  productivity.
> Coming
> to latex was a wonderful leap. Taking to Lyx is a whole new world.
>
> The only problem is  when one has to talk to the rest of the world in
> .doc

Please do not talk to the rest of world in *.doc. Instead use pdf. In
that way your document cannot be modified by anybody and it cannot be
affected by any macro virus.

Anand

There are times when there is no choice, for instance when someone wants to
add or edit what you have written. In practice in such cases, I used
lineno.sty
which prints line numbers on each line and allows people to suggest
changes by line number. However, there are many times when one would like
to be able to produce a word doc for others, but I do realize that word
does not have the wealth of formatting that we have in latex so its an
impossible
dream in all probability.