Am Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2005 16:58 schrieb Jose Capco:
> I didn't understand your example, I was however able
> to read the output lyx using the recent available
> version , I'm not sure if it would be looking the same
> had I lyx2lyxed it... it looks .. er not bad if I
> don't don't use packages in my LaTeX. I wonder how to
> go through newcommand stuffs in the preamble, putting
> that in the preamble, I'll try to start all over and
> write the preamble in lyx itself and not tex2lyx yet.

If you have lyx2lyx working, you should be able to put everything into the
preamble that you like. tex2lyx does not really touch the preamble, but
it extracts certain packages that have builtin LyX support.

> could you give me a tex you wrote and know that it
> converts to lyx perfectly.. I need to know what to and
> what not to put.

Please do it the other way round: get your lyx2lyx woking, and then
convert your document and tell us what does not work. Apart from certain
tabular features (i. e. advanced column settings) and some advanced
expert tex stuff everything should more or less work. If it does not, it
may be easy to fix, but we need to know about it.

Georg