Martin:

> ok - i cleared the preamble and tracking changes works. however, i
> observe strange behavior:

> 1) i generated a new document, entered some text, enabled tracking changes,
> and
> addied some more text and deleted some. this shows nicely in lyx. hoever, in
> dvi it shows in black & white only. in postscript it shows in colors, but
> there
> is no vertical bars in the margin.
>
> 2) using tracking changes with my paper. i cleared the preamble (as
> first stated). tracking changed shows well in lyx, but not at all in
> dvi. it does show in postscript, but still no vertical bars in the margins.
>

> ideas?
>
> martin

To see the vertical change bars in my PDFs, I have to adjust the margins. In my
docs I set
the outer margins to 2.75 in. (Layout > Document > Margins). I set them back to
1.75 for my
final PDFs.

Yes, it is annoying that accepting all the changes bounces you to the end of
the doc, but it's
something I found I can live with. Deleting a space will only show up as the
vertical change bar,
which is probably being displayed outside of your page margins now.

Hope this helps. I have found the change bars to be very helpful in our
documentation production
cycle (I wouldn't be able to use LyX for our doc tool without them) and I'm
anxious to see
the 1.4 change bar feature.

Thank LyX team!
--jane