[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> so i decided to break up my doc using inclusions.
> but now they each have their own document format, if i change the option
> in the main file the included files wont know about them and vice-versa...
>
> is it possible to share document format among files?

Unfortunately not. The closest workaround is to put everything into a file
preamble.tex and write in the preamble section of each .lyx file

\input{preamble}

BTW if you create DVI, PS or PDF etc. from the master document all settings
like documentclass, papersize etc. of the included documents are ignored.

Georg