To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 1:36 AM
Subject: lyx w/o imagemagick

so i've finally been able to get everything working on my non-admin windows account, except imagemagick :(

Good. Try http://www.xnview.com/

Your LyX Path Prefix (under Edit-->Preferences-->Paths)
should look like C:\LyX\bin;C:\Python23;C:\texmf\miktex\bin;C:\Perl\bin;
C:\gs8.51\gs8.51\bin;{C:\ImageMagick;}
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat7\Acrobat;
C:\Program Files\Ghostgum\gsview

But all in one line. It is a good idea to have this in your
Windows Path, if permissions permit. If you add an app,
use LyX, Edit-->Reconfigure and then check your LyX
Path prefix afterwards. (You may have acrord32.exe which comes with Acrobat Reader rather than Acrobat pro.)
I find installing GSview 4.7, can be helpful for printing.

XnView which comes with Nconvert is mentioned with
ImageMagick in contexts which include LyX, although
I've not personally tried it. Perhaps another LyXer has.

Regards,
Stephen