Solved.

It turns out that all hell breaks loose if you mistakenly insert a bibliography file with the plain style and another with Jox (Jurabib) style.

S.

On Dec 11, 2005, at 5:24 PM, Stefano Franchi wrote:

I hope someone on the list can help me with this problem: I was just about to the send a complete book-manuscript to the publisher, fixed a few last references, and when I ran LyX again I got 900 errors. They all concern BibTeX references. In fact, every single ref threw one or two errors. From the LaTeX log, they all look like this one:

l.3 \bibitem{JammersEncyclopedia}

The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

! You can't use `\relax' after \the.
<recently read> \c@

l.3 \bibitem{JammersEncyclopedia}

I'm forgetting what you said and using zero instead.

! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I guess there is something wrong somewhere that throws BibTeX/Jurabib off at the beginning of the run, and then all references are messed up. But I have no clue on how to find out what went wrong. BTW, I had no problems typesetting the manuscript just yesterday night, so clearly I must have done something wrong in the last round of editing....

Any help greatly, greatly appreciated.

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy                  Ph:  (64) 9 373-7599 x83940
University Of Auckland                  Fax: (64) 9 373-7408
Private Bag 92019                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Auckland
New Zealand