Hi,

Herbert Voss, 11.12.2005 22:58:
> K. Elo wrote:
> > This is exactly what Charles suggested - and this works, no doubt!
> > But because I did NOT know LyX being smart enough to interpret a
> > footnote directly after a title as \thanks, I just had to figure
> > out a solution of my own (why on earth would I have posted my
> > question if I had known the answer????).
>
> A thanks has to placed _inside_ a title or author and _not_
> outside. If you want something only appear in the footnote
> without a footnotemark, then use \footnotetext[]{...}

Well, THIS is clear to me :)

What I was referring to were the problems with inserting an ERT
containing the LaTeX command \thanks, which should contain a url, i.e.
Insert->ERT, \thanks{bla bla bla [EMAIL PROTECTED] This won't work! The
solution You and Charles mentioned is a working LyX-solution. The
solution I suggested is a LaTeX-style solution with LyX. Both works,
although yours is a bit more elegant...

I have attached two files the first (test-1.lyx) containg the
non-working, the second (test-2.lyx) containg the working solution with
a url within \thanks in an ERT.

Cheers,
Kimmo