Among other things I like to use Lyx to  create study guides for my math
courses.  I use  Section/subsection/subsubsection to organize that info in a
reasonable  fashion.  I also like to use a TOC as some of these study guides
can get a tad large, and the TOC speads up the studying.

  What I've found awkward is that when a create a study guide for say  chapters
2.5-4.4, and start using Section and such, Lyx automatically  starts at Section
1

  I've tried using Section* and manually titeling my headings, but they they
don't appear in the TOC.

  What I'm asking is does anybody know of some ERT that will allow me to
insert a section heading and dispite being the first section on the  page, have
that be section 4, and still have it show up in the TOC?

  Am I trying to have my cake and eat it too?

Nick Kuzmik
(845) 406-5115
AIM NKUZMIK