Stacia Hartleben wrote:

> Can you use the current LyX program to write in Japanese? I heard
> something about a CJK version but I was wondering if there was any
> easy way to change the encoding in the window and turn it into unicode
> or something.

Nope, not yet. The Big Plan (TM) for the next development series after LyX
1.4 is released is to use unicode internally. I'd expect that LyX-CJK
would be merged with the official LyX at that point, much as the official
LyX eventually swallowed up (and improved upon) the LyX/Win port.

So, for now, you'll have to use LyX-CJK.
--
Angus