----- Original Message ----- From: "John W. Sheppard, PhD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 12:41 PM
Subject: RE: Windows Installation Problem

To answer your questions, yes they were latex packages, and yes I am using
MiKTeX.

I had only looked at the textclass.lst file in the C:\Program
Files\LyX\Resources\lyx directory. You are correct that the one that I did
not check (in C:\Documents and
Settings\your_id_here\Application Data\lyx) is 0-length. I copied the global
one to the local one but that didn't work.

When I try running sh configure, it doesn't run because paths don't appear
to be set up right. I decided not to try to fix that because I wasn't sure
it would get me anywhere.

John

That means you probably dont have Msys in your Windows PATH

Suppose that you have Msys etc installed in C:\Msys\1.0\bin
and bin is where sh.exe is located. Then you should try from

C:\Msys\1.0\bin\sh.exe configure  [using the dos cmd prompt]

you would be in your ~lyx\resources\lyx directory which contains
the configure file, and type in "C:\Msys\1.0\bin\sh.exe configure" <enter>
(but no quotes when you type it) from the lyx\resources\lyx directory.

For "me" this looks like:
C:\Lyx\resources\lyx> C:\msys\1.0\bin\sh.exe configure <enter>

But you want to substitute your actual installation location,
maybe c:\program files\lyx\resources\lyx, in place of "my" location.

Regards,
Stephen