> >So in the end of the day, I suspect that LyX 1.3.6 has a bug of
still
> >trying to use aspell, even if ispell is chosen in
Preferences ->
> >Spellchecker. Or is is the problem between
the chair and the
> >computer
> >

> Looks like your lyx decides to use aspell anyway - maybe
ispell support
> isn't compiled in or something?  There is an
"aspell-et" with Estonian
> spelling, perhaps you should try that.
 Or is there some other reason for
> sticking to ispell?

Yes, and the reason is that aspell-et used to be a dead branch of an
old student project, with ispell having a much better dictionary. But I
will take a look, perhaps aspell has improved (actually it might).

> Lyx using aspell even when you specify ispell is a bug,
consider registering
> the bug at bugzilla.lyx.org

Before doing that -- does anyone else have a similar problem?

LyX 1.4.0beta seems to handle ispell better (apart from the fact that
spelling in 1.4.0beta is broken in general, but that's due to being
beta). So unless there will be another maintenance release of 1.3.*
branch, this bugreport wiould not change much...

Thanx anyway,

Jan