Hi,

Horacio Emilio Pérez Sánchez wrote (16.1.2006 21:56):
> Hola,
>
> I use lyx 1.3.5 in suse 9.0 and I would like to test the new lyx
> 1.4.0pre3.
>
> I would like to install this new version in my system without
> uninstalling/deleting/erasing the old one (lyx 1.3.5), in order to
> test the new features and to be able to use the old version if the
> new one doesn't work right for me or to be able to use the new or the
> old version at my choice.
>
> Does anybody know how to do this ? Is it supposed that I need to
> remove the old version to install the new one ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I have downloaded the lyx-1.4pre3 and installed it with:
$ ./configure --with-version-suffix=-1.4 --with-frontend=qt
$ make
# make install

So far, so good.

But, when started, two menu entries in the Layout menu seem to be
missing. "My" 1.4 Layout menu contains only the following entries:
Paragraph, Emphasize style, Noun style, Bold style, Decrease Environment
Depth, Increase Environment Depth and Start Appendix here.

In the 1.3.x there are Document and Character entries, too.

Any ideas?

My system is SuSE linux 9.3 Pro with all updates and KDE 3.5.0.

Thanks in advance!
Kimmo