On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Georg Baum wrote:

It probably took the 100dpi from your X setup.

  Actually, when I looked more closely, the X and Y resolution of the image
was 1 dpi, with a scaling factor of 100. It was invisible in the pdflatex
output. When I scaled the resolution to 200 dpi in the GIMP and left the
image size (in pixels) alone, it displayed nicely.

Sorry, but I don't know what could be the problem. Running pdflatex by hand
in the temp directory might give more insight.

  I see now that in the GIMP, the image size in pixels and the X and Y
resolution are two different things; there's a scaling factor applied.

  All's well now, and I greatly appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"