On Feb 6, 2006, at 10:13 AM, Bennett Helm wrote:

I've made a version of LyX/Mac 1.4.0pre4 available here: <http://edisk.fandm.edu/bennett.helm/LyX/LyX-1.4%20Installer.dmg>. If anyone is willing to try it (and test the installer), please feel free to download and report any problems to the user's list.

As before, I am not sure if this runs on anything other than Mac OS X 10.4, since I don't have anything else to test it with. From what I can tell it should work on at least 10.3.9, though I suspect that it does *not* work on 10.2 or earlier.

Confirmed on 10.3.9. It installs without a glitch. Haven't done any real testing, but I still have a problem with the "Preferences" panel, though (see old thread). Now it seems to be associated to Cmd-Q, and to the Quit menu item in the "LyX" menu. The "Quit" menu item from the file menu works as expected. I am not sure whether it's local problem with my setup, would be happy to carry out tests if somehow tells me how.

S.

If you're willing to test pre-release software, please let me know whether you have success or not and on what version of Mac OS X. (I need to look further into getting it to work on 10.2, but that may require feedback from brave testers.)

Standard disclaimer: This is pre-release software, and you are likely to encounter bugs. Indeed, that's the point: please report them!

Bennett

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy                  Ph:  (64) 9 373-7599 x83940
University Of Auckland                  Fax: (64) 9 373-7408
Private Bag 92019                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Auckland
New Zealand