I'm writing NoWeb documents using LyX and the statistical program R.
In my Fedora Core 5 systems, I notice lyx updated to 1.4.0 from the
Fedora Extras and most things work well (thanks!).  The guide we
prepared for LyX to "weave" statistical results into documents still
works great.

However, LyX will not let me type double quotation marks: "  inside
ERT boxes.  And that's vital for the R code.  I am allowed to copy and
paste quotation marks from ERT boxes that I wrote with LyX 1.3.7, so
that is a work around.  But I can't understand why LyX would disable
the " key altogether.

Thanks in advance.

--
Paul E. Johnson