Hi all,

On my LyX version 1.3.5, when I make a .ps file, the page numbers in the
postscript reader (gv) go 1-9 for the frontmatter, and then switch back to 1
on the first page of the mainmatter, according to my gv (for Linux)
postscript reader.

I cannot get LyX to produce a .pdf file that does the same thing. Whether I do
interactive View->PDF, View->PDF(pdflatex), or whether I do the commandline
lyx -e pdf or lyx -e ps; ps2pdf fname.ps, the produced PDF starts the
frontmatter at page 1, but does not reset the reader's page number at the
start of the mainmatter. I've observed this behavior on the gv, xpdf and
acroread (for Linux) pdf readers.

Does anyone know how to produce a PDF that preserves the reader's page reset
at the beginning of mainmatter?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
Webmaster
   * Troubleshooters.Com
   * http://www.troubleshooters.com