Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Matthias Schmidt wrote:

Today I tried to install Lyx1.4.1 again after I switched off the
virus-scanner. It is still the same promblem: At the end of
installation - but still during installation - I get the message
"Konnte das Konfigurationsskript nicht ausführen". When I try to start
Lyx, I get the error-window "Error with reading the configuration file
lyxrc.defaults. Please check your installation". It seems, that the
installation is uncomplete.

Self-reply (a sure sign it's been a long day): You might also look at the fifth installation note at http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/LyX14x. It might be that you have MinSYS installed but the MinSYS bin directory is not on your system command path.

/Paul